"Nordeast" River District
This guided tour starts on the oldest street in Minneapolis, highlighting the Northeast neighborhood, Mississippi River, Stone Arch Bridge, and St Anthony Falls. Learn the area’s history (including why it’s called “Nordeast”) while sampling a variety of foods with ties to Minneapolis’s early days.
- 1-4pm Thursdays (Apr - Oct)
- 11am-2pm Sundays (Apr - Oct)
- $55 per person
- Begins at SE Main Street and 6th Avenue SE, Minneapolis MN 55414 (end of Stone Arch Bridge); ends at Hennepin Avenue and University Avenue
- James Beard award winner - featuring Eastern European specialties and their pierogi
- This classic polish restaurant has been serving up their very popular homemade sausages and sauerkraut for over 62 years
- Local favorite "Minnesota"-style pizza since 1965
- Variety of Minnesota-brewed craft beers (non-alcoholic tastings available)
- You haven't been to Minnesota until you've tried the cheese curds!
- Gelato that is sure to please your taste buds
- Award-winning coffee
Click here for our Food Allergy & Food Choice Policy
This guided tour starts on the oldest street in Minneapolis, highlighting the Northeast neighborhood, Mississippi River, Stone Arch Bridge, and St Anthony Falls. You'll enjoy Eastern European specialties and pirogi from a James Beard Award winner, a staple of "Minnesota"-style pizza, classic Polish sausages and sauerkraut, with a variety of Minnesota craft beers. Don't forget the gelato that is sure to please your taste buds! While enjoying this up-and-coming neighborhood, you'll even learn why it's called "Nordeast."