Downtown Minneapolis Skyway
What You Need to Know
- Indoor 3 hour walking tour in the heart of downtown Minneapolis using the skyway system
- Saturdays at 2:00pm
- Flat route with slight inclines and declines, approximately .8 of a mile, bathrooms available at some stops
- 5 stops
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required. Private tours available year round for larger groups.
- Begins at LaSalle Plaza (800 LaSalle Plaza), located on Hennepin Ave between 8th & 9th Street; ends at Metro Building (80 9th Street S)
While it's chilly outside, join us as we weave our way through the cozy corners of downtown Minneapolis skyways on a food adventure. We will stroll through the "Broadway" Theatre District and enjoy VIP service as we visit some of the newest and hottest award winning restaurants downtown has to offer. The tour includes seeing the Minneapolis skyscraper that was modeled after the Washington Monument and visiting the famous Statue of Mary Richards tossing her hat. Along the way we will also visit quaint eateries that have pride in local ownership; including a favorite since 1932. You will participate in craft beer sampling and learn the secrets behind the great food you are enjoying. You'll leave the tour with a tasty experience of some of the best food finds Minneapolis has to offer all while learning history of downtown and soaking in the local culture.
- Ham and Pear Crisp Sandwich with fresh home-made chips from the restaurant that has "damn good food"!
- All about sourcing local with a hummus plater featuring grilled flatbread, veggie crudo, white bean, sweet potato hummus with pimento goat cheese
- Deliciously sweet and salty popular Chicago Mix® popcorn
- Fondue platter from a restaurant that sources local food featuring local Spinach, mushroom, & cheese curd fondue
- Fine chocolates to be savored
- Locally brewed Minnesota draft beer paired with a local street food appetizer (optional non-alcoholic tastings available)
- Featured on the Cooking Channel Unique Sweets - Bourbon Whiskey Caramel Donut Bread Pudding Loaf
Additional food options for private tours
- Mouth watering flat bread pizza at a local hot spot
- Sinfully delicious variety of cupcakes
- Sip on warm and comforting loose leaf tea
- Variety of a delicious French pastry; the Macaroon
*Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
LocationOur tour begins at LaSalle Plaza (800 LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis)
Booking Policy: Tours must have a minimum of 4 people booked for tour to operate. You will receive notice the day before the tour if minimums are achieved. If minimums are not met, tickets will be fully refunded or rescheduled for a different tour date.
All tickets sold are nonrefundable and cannot be exchanged or rescheduled. The tour is held rain or shine.
View Skyway MyWay for maps of the Skyways in downtown MinneapolisBook a Tour