Stuff to do on Spring Break March 03rd 2015
March is here, meaning that spring and Spring Break are right around the corner. It's an exciting time of year as we anticipate warmer weather and some time off.
As a parent of children on spring break or a student on spring break, you may be left wondering what you're going to do with an entire week off. We want to make sure you enjoy it so we came up with a few ideas.
For those who have little ones:
- Have a craft day! Pinterest has plenty of ideas for you to find crafting ideas or click our link for 75 Simple Paper Plate crafts.
- Go Skiing! There are many great ski places not far from the Twin Cities, a couple including Afton Alps and Buck Hill.
- Get your nails done. It's always a nice treat to get your nails, so why not bring the little ones with you? (Yes, even if you're the father.)
- Try a new recipe. Having time off is the perfect time to try a new recipe. Our favorites are these Orange Chicken and Peanut Butter Cup Brownies recipes.
For those who do not have little ones:
- Go Skiing. We mentioned this above but if you go later in the day you're likely to snag cheaper rates. Plus, most families and groups should be on their way home for dinner by 5-6 pm, leaving the ski hill to the older crowd.
- ROAD TRIP!!! Who doesn't love a spontaneous road trip? If you're looking for a day trip, Duluth is about 2.5 hours away, or for something a little longer; Chicago and Omaha are about 6 hours away, and St. Louis, MO is about 8 hours away.
- St. Paul for St. Patrick's Day. IF your spring break is over St. Patrick's Day, St. Paul is the place to be! You'll have the opportunity to dress up in your favorite green outfit and watch the parade. If you're old enough to drink, our partner company, Twin Cities Brewery Tours, has a brewery tour you could hop on.
- Try one or two new restaurants or breweries. The great thing about spring is that it is a popular time for new stores and eateries to open. We suggest trying out: Shag Sushi Wok Bar and Sisyphus Brewing.
If you're one of the lucky ones who still get a Spring Break, we hope you enjoy it and have a good time!
One of Our Favorite Tours February 19th 2015
We have a feeling that you already know how much we love food here at Taste Twin Cities but what you may not know is that we love chocolate even more, especially when it's paired with wine! This is why one of our all-time favorite tours, happening now, is the Chocolate & Wine Decadence Tour. The tour has it all; luxury transportation, education on the history of chocolate, award winning truffles and wine. What's best is that you get samples at five different locations!! We'd love for you to join us on the tour this year. Click here to learn more or book now.
Valentine's Day Chocolates February 02nd 2015
Our friends at Chocolat Celeste get us excited that Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Their award winning chocolates cannot be beat and make the perfect gift to give to your special someone. The chocolatier is known for their fine dark chocolate, truffles and being located at 652 Transfer Road in St. Paul. But as of Tuesday, February 3rd look for their new 'pop-up' location at 867 Grand Avenue in St. Paul.
Not only does Chocolat Celeste make the perfect Valentine's Day gifts, it is also a stop on our Chocolate and Wine Decadence tour. Make your gift of chocolates even better by purchasing a Taste Twin Cities Gift Card for the tour to go with the treat.